Sunday, December 8, 2013

Wishing you well

                       
       Wishing you well

                My Jar of Positive Energy

                              
    
      It can be very easy to fall victim to negative energy. I mean face it, we live in a society where video taping fights and laughing at others pain have become entertainment for many. We sometimes feel it necessary to defend and explain ourselves to others, which can bring out a very ugly side of us. It's not easy always turning the other cheek and when you're exposed to negative comments and behavior being the norm, you can easily become a part of the crowd. I have had moments where I have laughed at, shared and made insensitive comments that only contributed to someone else pain. I think we all have play a role in a situation where we could have done better. Although it's not always easy to stay positive, once you began that positive journey you will have a totally different outlook on life altogether. Things that use to make you very angry will now seem small and unimportant to you. Vulgar language and violent behavior will no longer be entertaining for you. You will began to feel more peaceful and less angry as time go on. I'm not saying that this journey for peace will be easy, in fact it will be extremely difficult especially during moments when you feel hurt, betrayed or angry. These will be the most trying and difficult times and you will feel like abandoning this positive attitude and replacing it with a negative reaction that will only give you temporary gratification. One thing that helped me was a prayer/well wishes jar. I would place my prayers, positive thoughts, personal pains and well wishes into this jar. Once the jar is full I would read all the slips and see just how positive I was or just how negative I was. If I had more negative moments than positive I would set a goal to do better. No, you will not change over night but taking a step in the right direction is a start. For the next 30 days try this method. At the end of the 30 days review your thoughts and see if your positive out weigh your negative. If you had more negative thoughts, do another 30 days and try to do better. Let me know your thoughts by commenting below :)
Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment