Sunday, December 8, 2013

             Vision board
                 My New Year Resolution

                             

     The New Year is approaching soon and along with the new year comes New Year Resolutions. This is when we swear we will eat better, stop smoking, get a better job, travel, and have a better life. Often we start off very motivated, then two weeks later we fall back into old habits. We really do mean well when we make our resolutions but as the saying go "Out of sight, out of mind". Instead of allowing it to slip out of our sights, this year we are going to put it in our face where we can see it daily staring at us and daring us to fall off course. We will create a visual photo collage of all our goals that will force us to look at the things we swore to do and motivate us to accomplish them. This is called "A Vision Board". A vision board is a collage of photos of things you would like to change or a accomplish in your life. You may have pictures of the car you always wanted, the house you want to buy, the body you aim to have, or the financial goals you would like to meet. You can use a large picture frame, peg board, poster board or scrap book to create you collage of goals. After you have built your guide to success place it in a spot that you will have to look at it daily, allowing it to remind you to do something each day to accomplish those goals. By putting your goals in your face daily, your chances of completing them are far greater than if you write them on a piece of paper that will be placed in your nightstand and forgotten about. When I made my Vision Board last year I accomplished 75% of the things on my list. I upgraded my camera, purchased new lighting, met my natural hair goal, have a healthy diet and exercised more just to name a few things. Whenever I felt unmotivated , I looked at this board and felt determined that I would accomplished as many things on this list as I could. Now I have a whole new list of accomplishments I need to complete and it's time for a new board. Here is a list of items you will need to create your board.

  • Peg board, poster board or scrapbook
  • lots of old magazines
  • scissors
  • tape, glue or thumb tacks
  • A list of goals
     Write down your list of personal goals. These goals should include all things you would like to complete by the end of the year, whether it be big (I want to stop smoking) or small (I would like to spend more time with family). Search through your magazines looking for photos that represent the goals you want to complete. Cut the photos out and began to place them securely onto your board using you tape, glue or thumb tacks. Hang your vision board in a place where you will see it daily more than once. Each day do something to work towards completing your goal no matter how small it may be. New Years resolutions are great and by making them in a more visual form, we will be well on our way to becoming better each day.  Last year my friends and I had a vision Board gathering. With great food and drinks, we sat around sharing our goals and helping each other create beautiful boards. This is definitely a great activity for a ladies night. Take a photos of your board and email it to Audreyhughesfotos@gmail.com and I will post it up or all to see.
Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment