Monday, September 30, 2013

October Fitness Challenge

                               October Fitness Challenge


     Getting fit for many is usually a bit of a challenge. We usually start off with a lot of energy, hope, and determination but quickly burn out from drastically changing our lifestyle. When I decided to eat clean and become more active I learned that more is not always better (at least not in the beginning). On Sept 1, 2013 I decided to make a lifestyle change that fit MY LIFE and MY SCHEDULE. Remember everything is not for everyone. I had not eaten pork or beef for years so that part of my journey was easy. Now comes the hard part. ELIMINATING some things that I love *sighs. For 30 days I decided to cut out all artificial sweeteners, sugar, (most breads), white starches (rice, pasta, and potatoes) and all soft drinks. I replace these things with lots of fruits and veggies, whole grains, proteins, apple cinnamon water and my favorite smoothies (made from fresh fruits and veggies). I also decided to detox using a colon cleanser. This help to eliminate all the junk that was already in my body. To help me stay active I decided to do 20-30 minutes activity each day. Some of my favorite activities are skating, bike riding and jogging. I eventually included the Insanity program into my routine every other day. I am now going to give you some tips that will help you change and continue a NO EXCUSE fitness journey.

                                      OCTOBER 30 DAY CHALLENGE

Step one: Detox your body- Whether you purchase a colon cleanser or use detox smoothies, cleansing your system will help you feel more energized not to mention help you have healthy nails, hair and skin.


Step two: Eat clean- Some people try to cut everything out all at once which will usually lead to them going back to bad habits. I personally cut a few things out at a time. I first cut pork and beef from my diet. Next I cut out soft drinks. Eventually I cut out starch, breads, and sugar. By doing it in steps, I gave my mind and body a chance to adjust to the changes I was putting them through.


Step three: Get active- Many people use the excuse that they don't have enough time. Well, if you have 10 minutes you have more than enough time. One of the things I love about the Insanity program is you do as many as you can in 60 seconds! Choose 10 exercises like jumping jacks, sit ups, push ups, lifts, squats etc. Do each exercise for 60 seconds. You just did a great workout in 10 minutes. Make workouts fun! Bring out the kid in you. Have you ever thought about bike riding, skate boarding, skating, hula hooping or swimming. Get a group of friends together and build an obstacle course. Challenge each other! A gym is not necessary to stay fit. 



Great Tip: Keep a journal of all exercise and meals. Keeping this journal will help you stay focus. If you have a bad day a journal can definitely help you get back on track. It's also a great way to celebrate your fitness journey. Seeing what I accomplish every 30 days always make me smile.

I would love to see some before and after pics of you guys. Send them to Audreyhughesfotos@gmail.com

For Super colon cleasner Super colon cleanser

For recipes on great detox smoothies go to Whole Living Detox Smoothies
For apple cinnamon water recipe go to  Raw for beauty

For A-Z benefits of fruits and vegetables go to Benefits of fruits and vegetables

Here are some great you tube videos to help get you active. 

CARDIO
AB WORKOUT

BUTT AND THIGHS

INSANITY TEST VIDEO


No comments:

Post a Comment